NCALL is Hiring a Communications and Marketing Specialist
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day? NCALL in Dover, Delaware is an established nonprofit leader working across Delmarva in the fields of affordable housing, community development and lending. With an outstanding history of achievements that spans more than four decades, a diverse staff of 36, and a budget of $4.4 million, we are a charter member and star producer in NeighborWorks America’s 250-member Network of Excellence. Over the years, we have had a regional impact of over $10 billion. Our vision is “Affordable Homes and Thriving Communities for All!”
NCALL has an immediate opening for a skilled and creative Communications and Marketing professional to take charge of developing, organizing, managing, and delivering strategies and materials that build affinity and engagement among our customers, stakeholders, and the public. This is a new, full-time position that will have a central role in brand development, and ensuring quality and consistency. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel required.
Competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Complete the application and attach a writing sample, a design sample (brochure, web link, newsletter, etc.), and your resume along with a persuasive cover letter that illustrates why you are the perfect person for this job.
Supervisor: Resource Development Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the strategy, development, execution, and measurement of all marketing and communications activites.
- Conceptualizes, manages, and executes multiple campaigns/projects through a variety of channels.
- Develops and communicates a deep understanding of NCALL’s mission and purpose to ensure focus and consistency.
- Serves as webmaster and digital media manager, with in-house IT support.
- Produces a wide range of values-driven messaging and content marketing that resonate with the public, stakeholders, customers, and current and prospective supporters.
- Works and collaborates directly with the management team, and other marketing/communications professionals as needed.
- Organizes and administers brand and core messaging, including but not limited to, annual reports, brochures, reports, flyers, direct mail, ads, press releases, web material, social media posts, video content, e-mail promotions.
- Key role in developing new brand guidelines, creating templates for internal and public use.
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and executing our brand character, and assuring that guidelines are followed consistently across organization.
Creative Content Production
- Develop print and digital communications that strengthen NCALL’s brand presence and engage target audiences.
- Prepare meeting and event materials such as agendas, slideshows, minutes, and reports.
- Design and/or collaborate with colleagues and vendors to produce comprehensive content and imagery, ensuring information is up-to-date and relevant to audiences.
Digital Marketing/Online Administration
- Manage the NCALL website; with frequent monitoring and timely responses.
- Create and manage blog, social media and online analytics to inform leadership and future strategies.
Internal and External Communications
- Recommend communications plans and activities to most effectively reach target audiences and provide effective solutions for consumers.
- Provide written editorial, branding, and technical materials for in-house and public dissemination.
- Work with staff to foster excellent customer support and online public engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree, and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in a communications-related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of varied marketing media and channels, developing and implementing online and offline marketing plans.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills; interacts well with the public, media, stakeholders, staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills in handling challenges and job performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet applications, including web and graphic design programs and a variety of social media platforms.
- Background in English, public relations, marketing and/or communications.
- Proficiency with Adobe design applications.
- Nonprofit experience.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Delaware’s media outlets and nonprofit sector a plus.
Complete the application for employment and attach your resume by January 7, 2019.
NCALL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion apply to both our workforce and the communities we serve.