NCALL Loan Fund is Hiring a Loan Servicer
NCALL is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Dover, DE. The organization has played an instrumental role in shaping affordable housing and community development on the Delmarva Peninsula. Since it’s beginning in 1976, 56 rental housing and homeownership subdivisions have been developed with NCALL’s technical assistance, as well as 4,100 units of self-help housing throughout the Northeast region. NCALL is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and our Loan Fund has lent over $120 million for community faculties, affordable housing, and neighborhood revitalization. Over 8,700 households have become homeowners, over 1,400 families have saved their homes and NCALL has provided financial, and credit coaching to over 5,000 individuals. NCALL has led the Restoring Central Dover effort, which is in its fourth year and has resulted in community building, events, and positive development.
The NCALL Loan Fund is a line of business within NCALL Research, Inc., a certified community development financial institution (CDFI). The Loan Fund provides financing for the development of projects such as affordable housing, community facilities, and commercial real estate, with each loan providing significant community impact. The Loan Fund is in the midst of a period of strong, strategic growth where you can use your talents and experience to make a real difference by improving communities throughout Delaware and the Delmarva Peninsula.
The Loan Servicer is a member of a close-working team of professionals. This position is responsible for the daily oversight of the Loan Fund’s loan portfolio, monitoring the performance of loans and providing excellent customer service to borrowers and participant lenders. The Loan Servicer will oversee all aspects of loan servicing, including preparing portfolio reports, payment invoicing, loan document preparation, maintaining loan files and funding requests.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
Supervisor: Loan Fund Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily administration and servicing of the loan portfolio
- Provide customer service to borrowers and participant lenders as required
- Prepare various portfolio reports and distribute to staff/Loan Committee/Board of Directors as appropriate
- Prepare and distribute monthly loan payment invoices to borrowers, then receive and apply payments; resolve payment collection issues as necessary
- Receive borrower requests for constructions draws and coordinate appropriate draw inspections and approvals
- Work closely with NCALL’s Finance Director, including providing records of payment receipts, reconciling related general ledger accounts, and wiring funds to borrowers and participant lenders
- Prepare approved loans for closing, including preparation of commitment letter and loan documents, assisting Loan Officer with collecting outstanding documents, and coordinating the closing with borrower and settlement attorney; prepare documentation for modifications to existing loans as necessary
- Enter new loans into the portfolio servicing software and collect all post-closing documentation
- Update and maintain borrower loan files as needed
- Display initiative and problem solving ability
- Maintain necessary professional certifications and memberships as applicable; participate in appropriate educational and training events
- Attend conferences and events as appropriate for the industry and position
- Other tasks as may be necessary or assigned
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field of work
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Self-directed, detail oriented, with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Entrepreneurial work ethic with an openness to learning new skills and systems
- Courteous and professional manner in dealing with stakeholders and co-workers
As part of employment, NCALL:
- Pays 95% of employee health insurance premium
- Provides group life and disability insurance
- Matches 401k retirement match
- Provides professional development and tuition assistance
- Provides paid leave and holidays (3 weeks of vacation and sick leave)
- Reimburses business mileage and travel expenses
- Provides a desktop or laptop computer
This position will be based in the Dover, DE office
Complete the application for employment and attach your resume by October 20, 2018.
NCALL is an Equal Opportunity Employer