NCALL Loan Fund is Hiring an Accounting Associate
The NCALL Loan Fund is a line of business within NCALL Research, Inc., a certified community development financial institution (CDFI). The Loan Fund provides financing for the development of projects such as affordable housing, community facilities and commercial real estate, with each loan providing significant community impact. The Loan Fund is in the midst of a period of strong, strategic growth where you can use your talents and experience to make a real difference by improving communities throughout Delaware and Delmarva.
This position is responsible for oversight of the Loan Fund's financial monitoring and reporting. The Accounting Associate will assist with the preparation of the Loan Fund's financial statements and then track and assess the Loan Fund's financial position. The Associate will provide reports typically associated with financial oversight as well as reports relevant to the Loan Fund's Strategic Plan, Loan Policy, budget, and stakeholder covenants. The Associate will also be responsible for maintaining current financial files for each Loan Fund borrower, including communication with borrowers regarding submission of their financial statements. Other duties include the collection, assessment and reporting of the Loan Fund's impact metrics as related to the community development loans it finances.
Supervisor: Loan Fund Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the quarterly and annual preparation of the Loan Fund's financial statements, including working closely with NCALL's Finance Director and the external auditor
- Prepare internal financial reports; review and analyze with other staff members, Loan Committee, and Board members
- Prepare and provide periodic compliance reports for various Loan Fund investors and stakeholders
- Review and approve accounts payable based on current budget and/or direction from management
- Assist with the preparation of various funding applications (both capital and operating) by completing the financial sections of such applications and providing appropriate financial reports
- Maintain the financial file for each borrower/project with current financial information (quarterly statements, audits, 990s, tax returns, etc.)
- Assist Loan Officers with the collection of community impact metrics prior to each new loan closing; lead the annual post-closing impact survey preparation; maintain the Loan Fund's database of impact metrics
- Maintain necessary professional certifications and memberships as applicable; participate in appropriate educational and training events
- Attend conferences and events as appropriate for the industry and position
- Display initiative and problem solving ability
- Other tasks as may be necessary or assigned
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate/related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the accounting field
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Self-directed, detail oriented, with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Entrepreneurial work ethic with an openness to learning new skills and systems
- Courteous and professional manners in dealing with stakeholders and co-workers
This position will be based in the Dover, DE office.
As part of employment, NCALL:
- Pays 95% of employee health insurance premium
- Offers group life and disability insurance
- Matches 401k retirement contribution
- Provides professional development and tuition assistance
- Provides paid leave
- Reimburses business mileage
- Provides a desktop or laptop computer
NCALL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.